VIP is available to all UNSW undergraduate students (PG students please read the info at the bottom of this page) from the beginning of their second year who have completed the following UoC by T1 2021:
Second-year - ENGG2600 = 42 UoC
Third-year - ENGG3600 = 72 UoC
Fourth-year - ENGG4600 = 114 UoC
Important Information - Please read below
- Engineering students can generally count VIP towards discipline or breadth electives. See how VIP fits within your Engineering Major and/or Program here.
- Find further information on first year electives and VIP here. Students who use core courses as first year electives may be able to use their additional electives to enrol in VIP courses.
- Student outside engineering may enrol in VIP as a General Education Elective. View table here (at the bottom of page two)
- Students outside Engineering may need to apply for an Overload Request here of 20UoC per term. VIP is 2Uoc per term.
- If you are an international student you can only join a VIP team if the course doesn't affect the timeframe of your COE
- The courses run across three consecutive terms in 2021: T1, 2 and 3 (2 UoC per Term) for a total of 6 UoC, which enables students to extend their project-based learning experience beyond a single semester
- Students are welcome to reapply to remain in their team for the remainder of their degree and progress through the VIP courses ENGG2600, ENGG3600 and ENGG4600 providing there is enough elective space in your degree
- You must complete assessment tasks each term to maintain your position on the team and for successful completion of the course. You will receive a numerical mark and grade on your transcript at the end of the course. The overall amount of assessment is equal to a standard 6 UoC course. Partial credits will not be given
- Check out the benefits of joining the VIP Program HERE
When applying for your VIP project:
- Students WAM and academic performance will be taken into consideration when applying for a VIP project
- Engineering students must have completed ENGG1000 to apply (Does not apply for Comp/Sci, Food/Sci or student outside the Engineering Faculty)
- Students can only apply for one team at a time and may withdraw their application at any time
- You can change to another VIP project at the end of your chosen course, but cannot change during the course
- Subject to approval from the VIP academic, you may be able to utilise a VIP Project as your Thesis Project
- Engineering students can enrol for up to 20 UoC per term if they wish without having to apply for overload approval.
- Students from other Faculties who wish to overload so they can do the VIP course as a General Education may need to seek approval from their Faculty via this form HERE:
- You must enrol for the VIP course for all three terms
Check out the VIP FAQ's for more information | Check out all the VIP projects on offer