Diving into the data big bang - do cool things that helps us manage massive data! We’re here to understand user experience design, how it influences us, and machine learning.
Data Dynamics project is now full. Please apply for the Wait List
ChallENG research goals
We’ll conduct analyses and develop tools on interactions between human and machine over multimedia data by looking at machine learning, artificial intelligence, human-machine interactions and user experience design, among others. We will:
- Analyse signals, such as brain signals, of information consumption
- Experiment on machine learning of music, such as instrument transformation and music composition
- Look at content recommendations, for example music and movie
- Applications on video, such as movie caption generation, video classification and human activity recognition
- Image and meme generation
- Design and develop a data management system to collect and organise data while keeping data integrity
- Design and develop apps for mobile and other devices
Research, design or technical ChallENG
- Data acquisition and storage, data labelling and augmentation algorithms and data representation learning
- Exploring new models of analysing multimedia data and building models on devices with lower resources, such as mobiles
- Data visualization and model explanation
All engineering degrees are welcome, however students specialising in the below areas are encouraged to apply.